Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mea Culpa

Last Friday, I let GolfGuy go to Costco on his own. Any wife worth her salt knows this is a BIG mistake. He did quite well his first go-round there - only ended up with a watermelon and a bag of Mrs. Mays Ultimate Crunch (really good stuff) in addition to the ibuprofen that was his original intended purchase.

But it was the second visit that was the kicker. And for that I must take the blame. I had called him on his cell to ask him to stop at the grocery store to pick up something for me. He told me about this really great deal he had seen on a 19" Sony flat-screen TV; so good you just KNEW those things would fly out of there and be gone before the next day. A few minutes of conversation had me agreeing completely that we had better take advantage of the opportunity to replace one of the ancient TVs in the bedroom or our "workrooms". So after finishing his other errands, back to Costco he went to get this great deal.

I must admit that I really like having the new, way smaller TV in my workroom - a space that is so stuffed with stuff that I have to sidle sideways in some places to get around. I was feeling so guilty about ending up with the new TV in my space that I was seriously entertaining the thought of going back for a SECOND one for his room. After letting me stew on the thought until the next morning, GolfGuy graciously said that he "would rather not spend the money now and put it toward a new set of irons" (when his elbow is better - yet again). Have I been manipulated or what?

1 comment:

  1. Manipulated? Perhaps. But to no great harm, and it will make GolfGuy happy in the end. Plus, YOU got a way cool new TV! And the kids' room at Casa Palomar is getting your still-good old one - everybody benefits.

    ReplyDelete