Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I am so bummed

Mamie and Igor are planning a road trip of their own. They are going to Western Kansas to see Grammie. They need to go see her; she is in her mid-90's. They are taking Bubby and Pi with them. Four very important people in my life, in the same vehicle, hurtling down the highway at high speed, pushing hard. I don't like it; I don't want to think about it.

They plan to leave on a Thursday and return on Sunday - one day out, two days there, one day back. Long way, short time -really don't like it.

The weekend they plan to go happens to be the Fourth of July weekend. No Bubby and Pi to go to the parade with. No one to take me to the fireworks show - 10 pm is way too late for GolfGuy and Mrs. Igor has to work. I will have to make do with some televised thing from Boston or Washington.

I am really, really bummed!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, WOW, I feel really guilty! I know that wasn't the intent. We're going because we NEED to see Grammie... before we maybe CAN'T see Grammie. But I AM super-sorry about missing the fireworks - I betcha Paul would take you; shall I see if he's looking for a date?!?! Mr. Mamie and I will make sure you get Fireworks Extravaganza next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know mom, I am bummed also. Igor and the kids are going to go see my grandma while they are there also. I wish I could take you to the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete