Monday, March 23, 2009

Rock Chips

Last Friday afternoon, we were returning home from the BigTown after some errands and lunch. We were tooling along the Interstate, checking out the construction on the new northbound lane when there was a loud “CRACK!” and before our pissed-off eyes suddenly appeared a chip in the windshield. Oh shit! This isn’t your everyday little chip; it is a quarter size crater with a little buddy chip a few inches away.

When GolfGuy called the insurance company once we got home, he told the rep he was “reporting in from the Rock Chip Capitol of the World.” Sad, but true. In the 4½ years that we have been here, Mamie is already on her 4th windshield – and that one has a recently repaired rock chip. The Igor family has also been through several windshields and/or repairs. The windshield on GolfGuy’s car had to be replaced just a few months ago. There are probably more such occurrences just in our family, but I can’t bring them to mind at the moment.

We were in my Rav4 because it is easier to load and unload the cases of water and other such items from Costco than from GolfGuy’s fancy-schmancy Camry. I feel really sad when my beloved Rav4 is injured, and I am relieved that the fixer guy is coming today to make it better.

2 comments:

  1. I love the phrase "pissed-off eyes" - that's great writing! I also like the description of the "little buddy chip." And yes, we are indeed, the "Rock-chip Capital of the World." So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was writing the comment on the "Projects" post and glanced over at your archive list, I saw "Pork Chops" instead of "Rock Chips." For a second I thought I had missed an important food post!

    ReplyDelete