Friday, March 27, 2009

Printer Purchase

I am of two minds regarding the recent purchase of a printer from Costco.

On one hand, I am pleased that I was able to buy just what I wanted for only $108 using a coupon from the latest Costco coupon book. It prints, copies and scans – exactly what I need. I do not need a gazllion ppm or a gazillion dpi’s. I simply need a good, reliable printer that does what I want, when I want, and without a lot of backtalk. I am a happy camper on that point.

On the other hand, I am aghast that I just spent $130 (after using another coupon) on replacement ink cartridges for my $108 printer. Of course I know that the manufacturers really have you by the short hairs when it comes to printer consumables – that is where the money is made after all. But the realty does hit hard.

However, as I pointed out to GolfGuy, I could have spent $200 or $250 or more on a printer and still paid $130+ for ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment