Friday, April 10, 2009

Snarky - not yet

The past few days, I have felt crummy – not cruddy or crappy, just crummy. Not bad enough to call in sick, but not good enough to do anything but mope around, feeling sorry for myself. I’m grumpy and close to out-grouching my cat, Snickers, but I’m not really snarky – not yet.

I haven’t felt like writing – don’t want to try to be creative, witty, clever, wise, informative or anything positive. Negative is where I am. Besides, is anyone actually reading this drivel?

Don’t like any of the books I’ve been reading – too intense and I know that the hero/heroine is about to get in big time trouble if they go through with whatever ill-advised things they are planning (which they will do no matter what) and I don’t feel like struggling through their troubles with them. I bought a couple of basically fluff books during our newWalmart trip yesterday, finished one, and will probably take care of the other today.

My latest Kleenex Cozy project has been tossed aside – don’t like the color of yarn I started to use, doesn’t work with the other shades of pink, so now I have to take out what’s been done with it and dig through my piles and piles of yarn to find a color I’m happier with. Crap! And I really wanted to have it done by Monday when I do the switch out of Easter stuff with the more generic spring stuff. Crap and double crap!

My computer games aren’t doing their job – which is to provide relaxation and to refresh my mind. Particularly the HOGs (Hidden Object Games), of which I seem to have 17 on my computer (I just counted). Takes too much concentration, so I dump out of them almost immediately, and go back to Spider Solitaire, Slide Tiles, and Bejeweled. But I’ve played them so much over the years that I am getting REALLY bored with them.

Maybe if I did something wonderful like cleaning the house or sorting out drawers and closets, I would have such a feeling of accomplishment that I would snap out of this funk. Nah! Not going to happen!

I know I’ve been whining relentlessly, but I don’t care. I’m not allowed to whine in real life, so I’m doing it here. IT’S MY BLOG AND I’LL WHINE IF I WANT TO!

3 comments:

  1. That's the funnest part of the blog - you get to be whiney, snarky, and anything else you want, because YES, it is YOUR blog - so indulge and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly did indulge, but don't know if I enjoyed or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pi hasn't felt well this week either, maybe you are sharing a bug. I DO NOT WANT IT! And yes people/cool people are reading this.

    ReplyDelete