Monday, April 6, 2009

Return of the Shopping Cart

Last Thursday, before the unfortunate restaurant karma experience, GolfGuy and I did our weekly Walmart shopping. As we were unloading our shopping cart into the car, I noticed a young woman several cars down from us unloading her cart. I mentioned some time ago that the cart returns at new Walmart are few and far between, so I thought I would do a good deed and offer to return her cart as I was returning ours. Because she had a young child with her, I thought it would be helpful for me to take her cart also.

As I approached her, she spoke up and said “I’ll take your cart back for you.” I explained that I was about to offer to do the same thing for her; and she replied, “Oh, my 5 year old will do it. He loves doing it!”

I told GolfGuy about the exchange when I got in the car; and as we were leaving, he pulled up next to her, rolled down the window and told her, “I was going to have my 66 year old return the cart, but your 5 year old did it instead! Thanks.”

No comments:

Post a Comment