Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How strong IS Mrs. Igor?

BigSis and her husband, LawyerGuy, were just here for a 3-day visit, and most of last week was spent in preparing for that visit. GolfGuy was helping me out by vacuuming, and it brought to mind the incident of several years ago when he first took over that tedious chore.

Mrs. Igor and I were helping Mamie clean the rented townhome she was vacating. I was standing on the kitchen counter, wiping out the top cupboard shelves, when I decided to move on to another section. Being somewhat coordination-challenged, I missed the transition to the stepladder and plummeted to the floor – doing some serious damage to my right arm.

For some months afterwards I had limited use of the arm, so GolfGuy took over the vacuuming and mirror cleaning duties, which he continues doing to this day.

The image that stands out in my mind is that of Mrs. Igor LEAPING out from behind the ‘fridge where she was cleaning and literally THROWING that thing back to the wall so she could get to me. The girl IS strong, but come on!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I really appreciate that. I think adrenaline has a lot to do with it.

    ReplyDelete